EndoSound’s endoscopic ultrasound device underwent a successful evaluation in a live animal (pig) lab. The evaluator was Dr. Carlos Robles-Mendanda, an internationally known expert in the field and key opinion leader to major endoscope and equipment manufacturers. He used the device without preparation or instruction. The results of the two hour evaluation included:
- The images were judged “excellent”, superior to the Olympus EUM-E1 competitive device
- The ability to perform a diagnostic EUS examination was judged “perfect”
- Doppler capability was “very good”
- The ability to adapt to utilizing a new technology was judged “easy”
- The addition of the EUS device to a standard endoscope did not affect the flexibility or maneuverability of the scope
In summary, the device was judged “fantastic”, “ready”, and “a final product”.